I haven’t had enough free time lately to do full actual play writeups, but here are some highlights from the last couple sessions:
- A room containing a pool of bubbling, viscous, lavender liquid. Suspended on a pulley system above the pool is an empty rectangular metal cage. Lining the walls of the room are waist-high tables, some of which are marked with old rusty reddish-brown stains that may have been blood.
- Several impassable doors with card-slots in the adjacent wall.
- After fighting off a vicious gang of mutants (and capturing a stun ray pistol), the party investigated a large cylindrical apparatus with four wired-up brains floating in separate tanks — a technology which Dirjin observed to be nearly identical to the “think machines” built by Illithids. The party opted not to tinker with or destroy the machine for the time being, but to continue exploring in hopes of finding some clues about its purpose.
- A large chamber, dominated by a shallow sandy pit with a pond at one end and some rocks near the center. In five places, steps lead down into the pit. Surrounding the pit are twelve statues of robed figures, all with cowled heads bent attentively toward the center. Closer observation reveals tiny, ant-sized boats sailing on the pond, a cluster of tiny buildings on the shore, and a tiny castle perched atop one of the rocks. A high-pitched horn faintly rings out at irregular intervals.
- A passageway and room constructed of grey fibrous filaments that seem similar to spiderwebs. Inside the room is a low dais with a pedestal set in its center — a gateway chamber, upon further investigation. The pedestal contains a complete set of petroglyph tiles and a card-slot. Elvira remembered the proper arrangement of tiles that led from Greenwax to the frozen plain, but the party doesn’t know the arrangement that will open the way back to Greenwax (if such is possible.)
- An unusual hallway, smelling of earth and loam, with rough flagstones underfoot and walls and ceiling covered with twining vines and creepers. Midway down this passage, the cautious adventurers notice the gleam of metal in a gap in the greenery. Vigorous work with axe and blade clears away the vegetation to expose an old sliding door; further careful examination reveals a trap designed to spray the victim with some kind of liquid. Deactivating the trap, the door is opened to reveal a dark passageway and an ascending stairway.